Here’s What I played:
- Meat Beat Manifesto- She’s Unreal
- DJ Shadow- Walkie Talkie
- Bassnectar- Teleport Massive
- Prefuse 73 feat. Sam Prekop- Last Night
- Thievery Corporation- Lebanese Blonde
- Lemon Jelly- 79 aka The Shouty Track
- Cornelius- Mic Check
- Underworld- 8 Ball
- Bonobo- Stay the Same
- Chemical Brothers- Horse Power
- Krazy Baldhead- No Cow, No Pow
- LCD Soundsytem- Pow Pow
- Crystal Method- Keep Hope Alive
- Justin Bieber- Baby
- Basement Jaxx- Lucky Star
- Mr. Oizo- Minuteman’s Pulse
- Fatboy Slim- Everybody needs a 303
- Deadmau5- Dr. Funkenstein
- Mr. Oizo- Flat Beat
- MSTRKRFT- Vuvuvu
- Flying Lotus- Satelllliiteee
- Chemical Brothers- Electronic Battle Weapon 7
- Bassnectar- Cozza Frenzy
- Prodigy- Firestarter
- Demons on Dope- Die Die Die
- Da Boy Tommy- Candyman
- Boards of Canada- The Color of fire
- Aphex Twin- Come to Daddy (Pappy Mix)
- Concord Dawn- Horror Show
*Bold indicates my more halloweenish selections. Bold italics indicates the scariest of them all!
Another week of the Cleveland show coming off of the Brown’s big V over New Orleans. This week, it doesn’t look like they are playing, so they can have that rare happy feeling for twice as long.
As for the show, I laid down some more creepy tracks. As someone that specializes in cheesy old school dance, bringing the creep out is a little challlenging. I will have to redeem myself on Dec. 1st, national be a creeper day. We should all hang around the Pioneer Cemetery in trench coats to celebrate that holiday.
Thanks for listening! Next week is going to be beat box themed, so if you have a favorite beat box track, let me know and I will try to dig it up before Monday!
Here’s what I played:
- Justin Bieber and MSTRKRFT- Heartbreaker Baby (CJ Milli Mix)
- Boys Noize- Lava Lava (Feadz Aval Aval Mix)
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs- Heads Will Roll
- Vengaboys- Ho Ho Vengaboys!
- Slam- Positive Education
- Chemical Brothers- Electronic Battle Weapon 7 (Acid Children)
- Darude- Feel the Beat
- Justin Timberlake- Rock Your Body (Paul Oakenfold Remix)
- Deadmau5- Mr. G
- Deadmau5- Tau V2
- Four Tet- Sing
- LCD Soundsystem- One Touch
- Audio Bullies Feat. Nancy Sinatra- Shot You Dow
- Carnival of Cleveland- J. B. Arban and Clode
- Bonobo & Andreya Triana- Stay the Same
- Mr. Scruff- Trollmarch
- Bonobo- El Toro
- DeZurik Sisters- Yoo-Hoo in the Valley
- Thievery Corporation- From Creation
- Wahed Out- Olivia
- LCD Soundsystem- I Can Change
- DJ Mehdi- Lucky Girl
- Pink Baby Monster- I Live for Art (Fourth Most Beautiful Sound Mix)
- Orbital- Chime
- Aphex Twin- Windowlicker (Acid Edit)
- Chemical Brothers- The Private Psychadelic Reel
*Bold indicates jam of the week. Thats right, it was Justin Bieber. I am forsaken.
This week was a wrap up of sorts for the term. I will be doing my show next week, but I wanted to let the good times roll while people were getting anxious over exams. The first hour was the usual Clodewerks dance mix. I threw in LCD Soundsystem’s new album, which I just got and have been enjoying.
I got a couple requests this week. First, my girlfriend requested Justin Timberlake, of course. I obliged, pleasing every other female audience member as well. Everybody loves a little Justin (Is that why Justin Bieber is so hot, collective confusion of first names?)… Katie and Sarah back in the AL requested some song I didn’t know, but I know that Sarah loves country, so I dropped some DeZurik Sisters. EPIC!!
Then I debuted my Carnival of Cleveland, which I think went ok. I need to prepare some more before my performance on Wednesday. Comments are greatly appreciated. I will be playing it at Beall Hall at 2:50, and I’m totally cool with people coming and checking it out. The rest of the show was recouping from that ten minute epic. I closed with the Private Psychadelic Reel, which is fitting because it closes one of the best albums in electronic music.
Good luck with finals. I will see you next week!